Thursday, January 22, 2009

We've Got Dance Fever!

Most of you that read my blog know that my husband and I are taking ballroom dance lessons. Well we celebrated our one year anniversary on January 9! Can you believe that??!! I remember when we first started, thinking it's gonna end soon....and I'd just appreciate each month that we renewed. Greg has stuck with it and I'm in total amazement at his progress!! He's really doing well and we are having so much fun dancing together. We've made new friends and are in much better shape than we were at this time last year! This week we had a special West Coast Swing seminar on Monday night. Then on Tuesday I had a private coaching lesson with a pro that was phenominal!!! (I'm still on cloud 9 and that was 2 days ago!) Oh, and we had a Salsa class after my coaching session. Last night, which was Wednesday, we had a group class on Swing (technically East Coast Swing). We are both really tired today but it sure is fun and much better than sitting on the couch all night :) This last year we've learned how to Waltz, Foxtrot and Tango. The smooth dances are not my favorites so we've really concentrated more on learning the ryhthm dances such as Cha-Cha, Rhumba and Swing....yeah baby!! We've also learned some Salsa, Samba, Mambo, West Coast Swing and Lindy. I'm tellin' ya, this dance stuff is addicting!! I even think that Greg secretly enjoys it....but keep that on the QT :)

Hey, if you get a chance, head on over to the Moxxie blog because I think they are giving away some of their new release. They have some really cute die cut papers and the new rub-on designs are cute and work great. Just leave a comment and you're entered http://gotmoxxie.typepad.com/got_moxxie/

I can't post my projects yet but check back soon..... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You are the dancing queen...."
(in my best singing voice!)

that is SO FUN that you and greg are dancing and loving it.

you and greg dancing.....me and ed bike riding for 60 plus miles.....who says getting older isn't fun right? :)

Anonymous said...

I just know you are rocking those dances, my friend! Wish I could see you kickin' it!