Thursday, September 11, 2008

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?













Sadly, summer is quickly coming to an end. I love summer activities at the lake, however football season is upon us and that's exciting too. Greg and I have visited the new Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis twice so far. Greg got to see his brick that I bought him for his 50th birthday and of course we had to visit the Colts Pro Shop! The stadium is absolutely amazing! We went on a Sunday evening with Heather and Courtney then we took Braiden and Camden that following Thursday. Sadly, the Colts' season hasn't had a very promising start, but I have faith that they will work out the bugs and start to gel around mid-season (or sooner would be even better).

My grandsons are playing football again this year and we attended their first game last Saturday. Braiden wasn't feeling very well so I don't think he really enjoyed his season opener. But Camden had a blast and seemed to really be thrilled at having the chance to play QB for a few plays. He threw the ball very well and the receiver actually caught it! A play or two later they scored a touchdown...yippee! When Camden came back to the bleachers he was smiling from ear to ear. He explained to his mother how he threw the ball really high into the air and Colby (I think) caught it. He was just thrilled, to say the least.

I'll try to be a better blogger but time seems to get away from me anymore. Busy, busy busy...that's me! But I wouldn't have it any other way :)

2 comments:

susan opel said...

Super AWESOME about the brick that you bought for Greg! I LOVE it! And how lucky you are to have visited Lucas Oil field TWICE already!

Valery said...

Yes, our Colts are having a rough time of it...sad!

Love that you bought the brick and have already been to visit...I am so jealous!!!