Saturday, November 17, 2007

How could I forget....




to post about being the Mystery Reader for Camden's class??!!! Oh my goodness, that was so much fun!! He was totally surprised! It's so cute when you walk in because they are all gathered around the special guest chair, sitting indian style with their eyes covered....in silence. Camden jumped up with excitement yelling Grandma, Grandma and he ran up and sat down in the special seat next to me. I brought my altered Colts paint can, a pink Colts bear that Aubrey let me borrow and my Colts pom-poms. The book I read came just in the nick of time and it was called "If I Were An Indianapolic Colt" and I inserted Camden's picture inside. He saved the game, of course, and he thought that was pretty special! Thanks to my good friend Valery for suggesting it :) It was a perfect idea. The kids then asked Camden and I questions afterwards and one question was, "what is your favorite football team". I had to chuckle, like it wasn't obvious :)

I took him to lunch and Wal-Mart afterwards then he came home with me and we played games for a little bit. It was a special day for both of us :)

3 comments:

Valery said...

Yeah!!!! I am so glad that the book came in time!!! What great pictures of such a neat moment!

Love the question at the end!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well how cool is that!
You are my roll model on "being a great grandma". I so want to be like you!

susan opel said...

That is about the most adorable thing, Sue! You two look like you are having so myuch fun.

And I am CERTAIN that all of those little kiddies were wondering how Camden got such a cute Grandma! :)