Friday, August 31, 2007

Wise enough to know better, old enough to care less!



I'm still thankful I didn't make a fool of myself on Wednesday night! I was having dinner with my grandchildren and their mother, Torri. When we had finished I gave Braiden, the oldest, some money to get ice cream. He was behind 3, HS age girls and 1 HS age boy. They were all talking and waiting while Braiden kind of hung back a little, he seemed hesitant for some reason. All of a sudden he comes running back in tears and all red faced. He was saying that "they're messing with me....they're messing with me". I was enraged and without giving it a second thought I marched up to those kids and bluntly asked them if they were picking on a little boy? (You should have seen Torri's eyes when I got up like that, LOL!) They replied NO, and proceeded to tell me what transpired. Thankfully, as mad as I was, I handled myself very calmly and just explained to them that I needed to know what took place so that I could handle it with Braiden properly. I went back and explained to Braiden that he misunderstood and that they weren't picking on him. I couldn't believe the emotions that came over me! I thought how dare you pick on that little, innocent boy!! When that happened to my own children, I resisted the urge to confront. I don't know if I thought it OK because he is my grandson (as opposed to being my son) or if it's my age or if I just feel the need to stick up for what is right!! Who knows!!??? I saw a perfect quote pertaining to this situation...."Wise enough to know better, old enough to care less".

I'll end by uploading a few recent projects. I hope you all have a great holiday weekend!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I want to know "the rest of the story..." Poor little Braiden!

LOVIN' the new layouts! Oh my goodness they are amazing!!! Can't wait to scrap with you!!!

Becky C said...

Your layouts are stunning! Love them!

Glad you were able to get to the bottom of the story and get things straightened out!

Becky