

We just returned from an afternoon at the lake, relaxing and cooling off in the water...it felt so good!! We had been weeding the gardens and when we were done decided that we should cool off and take a dip (OK, several dips) in the lake. I always feel like those that own property at the lake take it for granted, but I suppose we do that as well. We are so lucky to have TWO relatives that have lake properties and we are welcome any time.
It's been awhile since I updated my blog so I'll do a quick run down of what's been going on in our lives. Lets see, our identity was stolen (could have been much worse but we caught it in time fortunately), I got my hair chopped off, we've been to the lake several times in the last couple of weeks and it's been super humid!! Last Wednesday we took Braiden and Camden to Deep River Waterpark and had a ball. We all got flushed down the "toilet" (really it's called the bowl ride) and swam in the wave pool. The water slides were a blast and I don't think you could wipe the smile off of Camden's face!! He was in water heaven. Braiden had fun too but he was a little hesitant to go down the enclosed slides because they were dark...he's a worrier at times. It was a terribly HOT day but since we were wet all day long, it was tolerable. They were so good and ate ALL of their food....that was a great day :)
We had a slumber party last weekend. We went to the park, went out for pizza then all three grandkids spent the night at granny's. The boys went with Grandpa in the morning to get donuts to surprise Aubrey and I, then we headed to the lake. We took sack lunches and snacks for the day and played in the sand and swam all day!! Oh, I don't want to forget what Camden said while we waited for the pizza. We played a game where we had to say something nice about someone at the table....Camden said that "Grandma plays with us" and that meant everything to me! In his mind, I spend time with him and he recognizes that :) :) :)
As far as scrapping, I've been playing with alcohol inks and enjoying it. It's fun to step outside of your comfort zone once in awhile. But I would suggest you wear gloves because it can be a little messy.
The partial layout is of the boys playing together at the lake last weekend and the other one is of all three grandkids eating treats that Uncle Steve shares with them. It's funny that we are always asked where the grandkids are when we go to the lake without them, even by the neighbors. I almost feel guilty going without them, LOL.

6 comments:
What a fun filled summer, Sue!
I had to keep reading when you said that you have been playing with alcohol... inks! Ha ha!
Whooo-Hooo!! I can get on your blog today! (goofy computers!!)
Love your run down of your summer! It went so fast didn't it? Awesome layouts!!! :)
Looks like everyone's been having a lot of fun in the water this summer! I always enjoy looking at your layouts and seeing what the grandkids are up to!!
Becky
Wow - can't believe your identity was stolen. Good thing you caught it... that could be devastating! Kudos to chopping off the hair - with this humidity, who needs the hassel?! lol And such a superb grandma you are - great to caught up on your three kiddos :)
What fun times at the lake!! You are such a great grandma and the kids are as lucky to have you as you are to have them!!!!
Love the layout!!!
OH my! I love the popsicle layout at the top! I could go for a cold treat right now!
Post a Comment