Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Eight is GREAT!


Braiden, my oldest grandson, turns 8 today.....can you believe that?!! Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was up with him in the middle of the night so his Mommy could get some rest. Now he's toothless and working on attitudes, LOL!! He's maturing and learning so much in school! He's involved in a summer reading program and 4H this summer (scrapbooking and sheep). He still has that fire in his eyes that he's had from birth and just loves life! Happy birthday little buddy....you are one special little guy in Granny's eyes!!

Last weekend we celebrated Father's Day with my Dad (another special guy!!) on Friday. We went to the campground to visit the grandkids and Torri and Bryan, where we went swimming and cooled off!! Grandpa Greg threw his back out when throwing the kids in the water...oops!! All three grandkids love the water and are learning to swim wonderfully. We also ate campground food for supper (fried donuts over the campfire and podgie pies....YUM!). Then on Sunday we went to the Rib Fest (that's what Greg wanted to do for Father's Day) and sampled ribs, which were excellent. It was so hot though that it almost spoiled my appetite. We had a very busy weekend but it was nice. Happy Father's Day Day...you are the greatest :)

3 comments:

susan opel said...

Hee heeeee! What fun pictures of the birthday boy! Looks like he is quite the rocker!

Poor Greg! A hurt back is just no fun...

Hope all is well with you, Sue!

Anonymous said...

What a great page! LOVE that circle, of course! You are truly a phenomenal Grandma...I hope I do as great a job as you when I become one! Miss ya, friend! :)

Anonymous said...

He is so darn CUTE!
What a great page!
And ditto to what Trace said....you are the BEST grandma I know!