Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bittersweet Changes


It's been at least 2 weeks since some big changes took place in my life. First, I found out that my scrappin' home of 5 years plus was closing. That news was so sad and I've been feeling it of late. I really miss not being able to run down to my favorite store, see familiar faces and pick up the perfect color of cardstock that I just had to have to complete my latest project. I do have other options but none as special as this store.

Secondly, my son moved out in the same week. He is my youngest and last to leave. Although it was time for him to move out, it still tugged at my heart strings something terrible!! I'm so proud of him for being responsible and working hard, but my emotions tend to take over sometimes. He came over for the first time since moving out and ate supper with us. He only stayed for a few minutes after we ate which kind of disppointed me but now I understand how MY mother must have felt.

On a happier note, I've been working with the new DCWV Nana's Kids line and I'm lovin' it. The chipboard pieces are super cute!! The layout posted here is my most recent one.

I've also been busy planting my flowers and working outside. Boy did it need an overhaul!! Weeds everywhere and junk that needed picked up...my goodnes does it look 1000 times better now :)

4 comments:

susan opel said...

Yes, change is hard. I miss that store, too, especially the chance to run into so pretty cool people like yourself!

Sounds like you got some good results from your weed pulling!

Anonymous said...

I toast my diet coke with extra ice to a summer full of less major changes and full of fun and relaxation and stability! :) (and shopping road trips for scrappy stuff with friends!) :)

Hatter J said...

I love that layout--you really rock the DCWV!!!

Sorry to hear about your store, I think the one closest to me will be closing soon too. I have had to switch over to ordering more online, but it doesn't quite give me the same "thrill of the hunt."

Tina said...

I miss the store too :(

But on a brighter note...that layout seriously rocks!!! Love what you are doing with DCWV!