
Yesterday a couple of the ladies at work and I were having a discussion about a daughter that had moved several hundred miles away from home (her and her husband). Her mother, my friend, was devastated and still is pretty bitter about the move. Anyway, to make a long story short, the other lady involved in the conversation reminded us in a very appropriate way, that at least she can still talk to her on the phone and hug her when she comes home to visit. You see, her daughter was killed about 8 years ago in a car accident at the young age of 17. She would have been 25 this year. You talk about "perspective"! It sure reminded me of what is truly important! So these minor, day-to-day happenings are truly nothing in comparison to what she has been through! This lady is a pillar of strength and has been through many tough times in her life....with the above mentioned being the absolute worst scenario a mother could ever imagine! She is truly an inspiration and a wonderful person/friend!
On a totally different subject, I am sharing my latest attempt at digital scrapbooking. Although I used the basic digital elements from my class, I got a little creative with this layout and I'm happy with how it turned out. I'm on week 2, just about to start week 3, so hopefully I'll improve with each session.

1 comment:
Wonder post Sue! I agree, our families and friends and the time and energies we spend on them is what it's all about! Great to be reminded on that! God Bless your friend who has seen so much pain from losing her child!! I just can't imagine!
LOVE that picture and way to go learning digi! Looks great!!! (although again, don't go 100% digi on me - who will I shop with and spend tons of $ with????)
Post a Comment