It's been almost 2 weeks since I hugged Beth and Susan Opel good-bye. They have been given an opportunity of a lifetime and I wish them the best of luck! (Although they don't need it!) A few of us got together for some catching up as well as discussion of future plans for the Opel gals. It was so nice to see old friends, as it's been quite awhile for most of us. Beth and Susan sold their home in Indiana to move to Utah where Beth will be writing for Creating Keepsakes and Susan will be an editor at Paper Crafts (I'm sorry, I don't know their official titles!) They weren't sure what to expect once they got to Utah, as they hadn't seen their home yet. They had gone out prior to look for potential homes but nothing seemed quite right so they trusted their realtor...and it paid off! They got really lucky and hit the jackpot with a new townhouse. It's gorgeous!! I think Beth started her new position at CK this week, not sure about Susan, but I'm just thrilled for them. I can only imagine their giddiness as they get to know all the in's and out's of how the publication process works, not to mention all the famous faces they'll be working with! Best of luck to both of you...I've been thinking about you!!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Well Wishes to Good Friends!
It's been almost 2 weeks since I hugged Beth and Susan Opel good-bye. They have been given an opportunity of a lifetime and I wish them the best of luck! (Although they don't need it!) A few of us got together for some catching up as well as discussion of future plans for the Opel gals. It was so nice to see old friends, as it's been quite awhile for most of us. Beth and Susan sold their home in Indiana to move to Utah where Beth will be writing for Creating Keepsakes and Susan will be an editor at Paper Crafts (I'm sorry, I don't know their official titles!) They weren't sure what to expect once they got to Utah, as they hadn't seen their home yet. They had gone out prior to look for potential homes but nothing seemed quite right so they trusted their realtor...and it paid off! They got really lucky and hit the jackpot with a new townhouse. It's gorgeous!! I think Beth started her new position at CK this week, not sure about Susan, but I'm just thrilled for them. I can only imagine their giddiness as they get to know all the in's and out's of how the publication process works, not to mention all the famous faces they'll be working with! Best of luck to both of you...I've been thinking about you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OMG that is so cool for Susan and Beth! They are so super talented!!
That is such a cute photo! I'm sure it was nice to "reunite" a last time before they left. (I actually was able to have dinner with them before they took off!) Hope you are enjoying your summer! I soooooo need a road trip to Pages in Time!!!! :)
That pic is too cute! I had no idea you were rubbing shoulders with scrappy magazine ladies! Hook a girl UP lol...
Post a Comment