Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's Mothers Day.....


I hope all you Moms and Grandmoms are being appreciated today!! You sure deserve it! Being a Mom is the most important job I've ever done....and the hardest!! It's extremely rewarding yet tugs at your heart so strongly when you can't "make it all better". So much so that you wish you could trade them places until the hurt goes away.

My mother is such a good example and role model...I could never thank her enough! I can only hope to be half the mother that she is. This layout shows my mother as a baby and then as a teenager. She was the middle of 8 children and grew up in OH on a farm, without many luxuries. Mom appreciates everything and very rarely has a harsh word to say about anyone! And patience....my goodness, God was extra generous when he handed that out! She is the most patient person I've ever known! Thank goodness for that because I'm sure I've tested her patience level many a time over the years, LOL!

Speaking of honoring our mothers, I would like to invite you to enter the Mother May I contest over at Magistical Memories. Here's the very simple rules. (You can win some really cool chipboard so take a moment to check it out at www.magisticalmemories.com in the contest thread.)

"Since Mother's Day is in May, I thought it would be nice to pay tribute to a mother that has made a difference in your life. You can scrap your own mother, grandmother or anyone that is special to you, as long as they are someone's mother. Oh, and you must use at least one piece of chipboard.

The contest will run from May 1 - May 31 and the winner will be announced on the site in early June.

Layouts, mini albums and cards all quality. Just make sure to pay tribute to that wonderful lady that helped make you who you are today.

I'm really looking forward to reading about these special ladies!!"

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wonderful heritage layout, girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi you!!!
SWEET layout! Wow!
I hear ya on the motherhood thoughts. So very true! I hope you had a happy day. We need to do lunch...soon!