Thursday, April 03, 2008

My baby is not a baby anymore!


Well, my youngest turned 25 yesterday!! We weren't able to celebrate with him in the evening so I took him to lunch. He could have gone anywhere he wanted but he chose Steak N Shake of all places. He's a chocolate lover so I told him I'd take him to DeBrands afterwards. I thought maybe he'd want a dessert but he was happy with candy. I'm lucky to get 15 minutes of his time....I actually got an entire hour with him! You'd think it was my birthday instead of his, LOL!

He met me at work and I noticed him right away when he drove up. He brought that ugly OLD Buick from 1971, that smells like moth balls! He's had that thing for over 10 years....keeps it just for the fun of it I guess. Anyway, it has a huge front end and he thinks it's just the coolest. I told him that I was driving, trying to get out of riding in that thing, but he insisted. Do you think he brought it just to make my day??!!!

I dropped of some cupcakes, a card and a balloon after work. I hope that helped to make his day special. We will have a formal celebration this weekend after his sister gets home. Happy birthday Cory!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh-la-la look at you in the 80's! CUTE picture!

Happy birthday to your baby. I'm sitting here picturing you riding to lunch in his cool car. SUCH a boy thing to like cars like that - Dan is the exact same way!

What a SWEET mom you are leaving goodies for him!

Laura Fiore said...

Hot legs Momma! I think I had that same sweater back then!!!

Hey, I finally wandered over and saw some of your amazing cruise photos! Happy Birthday to all at your house!!!

I tagged you on my blog...http://barelyhanginon.blogspot.com/
if you wanna play! Don't hate me!!!