Monday, October 15, 2007

Angelic?


I think not....this little 3 yr old (going on 13!) is a little lady that is full of spunk and sass!! She was under my watch at a football game Saturday (imagine me at a football game...gee, hard isn't it, LOL) and I specifically told her NOT to do something...more than once! Did she stop, NO...she continued to do exactly what I told her not to do and even looked at me with that come and get me look. I hate to discipline my grandkids but I knew that if I didn't she would continue to test the waters and I needed to make a statement. I marched her right up to her Mommy, who was busy at the concession stand, and told her to sit down, don't move until I came back to get her and I expected her to say "I'm sorry Grandma" when I came back. I'm sure the customers at the concession stand were thinking what an awful granny I was but it had to be done. Her mommy knew that it must have been something serious because I'm usually such a softy!! Well, I finally did go get her and I kneeled down to her level and explained why it was so important for her to do as I asked. Of course I had to reassure her how much I loved her and give her a great big hug, and she was sorry for not minding.

On another note, this little one picks up everything she hears and repeats it in just the right context. For some reason, she thinks that she is home schooled while Braiden and Camden are at school...don't know why but she does. She told her Mommy that she was going to have a 2 hour delay tomorrow. She didn't have a nap so she needed the delay....kids say the funniest things.

1 comment:

Valery said...

Omgosh that is too cute that she is going to have a two hour delay!!! Wish I could have some two hour delays when I don't get a nap! LOL!

Love that picture of her! She is growing up so fast!