Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Funny Story about my day today...

I have a funny story for you. Well, it's funny looking back on it but it wasn't earlier today. I went to a seminar this morning, downtown. Got to the parking garage and looked for the 8th floor button on the elevator. Only went to 7 so I hit 7..... took me to the top of the parking garage. Funny, my instructions said to go to the crosswalk so I go down the elevator to the 4th floor (says crosswalk) but no crosswalk...get into the elevator again and head to 3rd floor (I'd love to see that video, LOL). Entrance to crosswalk but can't open it....I decide to take the stairs to the outside of the garage and walk into the building. Keep in mind that my shoes were fine when I left home. However (new red shoes that I had to have, even practical but never worn before)...my feet kept coming out of the heels. Here I am all decked out...black pin stripe pants, new stylish black/white top, black blazer, red jewelry and red shoes that won't stay on!!! So I was really walking funny trying my darndest to keep those shoes on....walking along a downtown sidewalk with traffic out the wazooooo...finally my pants got stuck inside my shoe so I just left it there because it kept my shoe on, LOL!!! Now I only had to concentrate on the left shoe. I get into the building, find my seat and register...yada, yada, yada.....and I decide I should go to the bathroom. Well, all the walls are completely white, nothing on the walls and the hallways look exactly alike...it was like a maze and I couldn't find my way back to the conference room. I had to ask for help because I didn't recognize any of the people I walked by and here I was on the complete other side of the building. AND....my shoes kept falling off. OH MY!! What a way to start out my morning, LOL!! Glad that's O V E R!!!!

But I have a happy ending to my day...my grandkids are coming over and bringing pizza so no cooking for me tonight AND I get to see my grandkids...who now have a turtle for a pet :) Gotta love happy endings!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee-hee!!!
What a hoot!!! I can just see you clippity-cloppity, clippity-cloppity in your hot little red shoes trying to find the crazy door!! Are you sure you weren't on Candid Camera? :)

Gotta love a pizza eating night with ones you love!!!:)

Anonymous said...

What a cute story Sue! Sounds like something I would do!

Glad the evening ended well!

Anonymous said...

What a cute story Sue! Sounds like something I would do!

Glad the evening ended well!

Anonymous said...

hahaha!!!! That is soooooooo much like something that would happen to me! I TOTALLY know the feeling of the pants in the shoe...aggravating! (but it kept the shoe on) Seriously, you are a great storyteller! You should take a photo of the shoes and create a layout about their debut!

Happy Mom's Day, Sue! You are cherished by many.

OH! And we've tagged you...see our blog!