Friday, April 27, 2007

I LOVE being a GRANNY!!


This past Wednesday I made it a "Braiden" day. I had lunch with him at school and then picked him up after school to work on his 4H scrapbooking project. I loved every minute of it too!!

Lunch was so fun. When I arrived he greeted me with a heartwarming smile and the BEST hug EVER! He kept hanging on and hanging on....I thought he was never going to let go! I think he felt special, but he will never know how special he made ME feel! I felt like the most important person in the world and I was so thrilled that I could make him happy! We ate in the lunchroom, in a brand new school, and had chicken tenders, cheesy potatoes, a roll and butter, and peaches. I selected chocolate milk, as did Braiden. The first thing Braiden ate were his peaches - they were gone in seconds so I shared some of mine with him. In line, Braiden told the servers "no thank you to the potatoes". The servers got a chuckle out of his comment and held the potatoes as requested. Honestly, I didn't know he was that well mannered, LOL! The little things that are important to a first grader are so precious. Braiden walked on the other side of the condiment station and told me that sometimes he walks on the one side and sometimes he changes and goes around on the other side. He also shared about all the paintings on the walls as we walked by them. One had just recently been added and he told me how she did this in steps. First she painted only white (for the background) then she came back at night and painted the rest of it.

After school we stopped at Dollar General to get a snack. They have a freezer section with good ice cream treats - YUM! He also found a toy while we were in there so I bought that and one for Camden and a baby for Aubrey. Yes, I am a softie but that hug was worth a thousand toys!! We managed to complete two scrapbook pages. Braiden is so willing to be taught and it makes crafting with him so much fun. He has his own ideas but is still receptive to Grandma's suggestions, for now anyway! We have 6 pages and a cover page to complete before he is done. We're off to a good start so far :) He pulled out his fourth tooth that night after he got home. He called me the next day to share that with me. I asked him how he did on his spelling test (I helped him with his reading homework and his spelling words) and he got 10 out of 10 correct, including the 2 bonus words. YAY Braiden :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful that was for you Sue! That's what is ALL about; this is what's important and real and lasting in our worlds....days like this with people we love.

Tina said...

You are an awesome grandma Sue. It really shows :)

OH yeah, I tagged you so check out my blog when you get the chance!