Saturday, December 16, 2006

My son....he has Christmas spirit!




So it's not the clearest night-time photo, but this star is actually about 90 feet in the air. My son, Cory, took 3 ft metal rods and hand welded them together to make this enormous, pretty heavy, star. He added the lights and 100 feet of extension cord and carried the darn thing up the grain leg to attach it at the top. You can see it about a mile away and probably even further if it weren't for all the trees. He had mentioned that he was putting a star up on top of the grain leg, but I had no idea he was actually making the star himself. I was so impressed!!


Now, on the other hand, he shouldn't have done this all by himself! As his mother, I had to scold him when I asked him if he had help. He drug the star and extension cord all the way up there with no help. (The star alone is probably 10 ft across.) If he would have had an accident, no one would have been there to help him- once a Mom, always a Mom - something I just can't help, LOL! Anyway, he is pretty proud and he sure impressed his family. I think I'll take a photo in the daylight to get the full effect.


I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and blessings for a healthy and prosperous New Year!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, Sue!

What a cool story about your festive son! He must have learned the spirit of Christmas from you, right?

Unknown said...

Wow! That is crazy! I'd love to see it IRL!

Merry Christmas to you too Sue! I hope you have a great one!

Anonymous said...

Well all I can say is from one momma to another, that boy better just leave that star in place year round.

It's beautiful - so cool that it's way up in the air for so many to enjoy!!!

Yep, I looooove this season!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Sue, that last post was from me. I accidently chose anonymous instead of "other".