Sunday, November 12, 2006

It's Been Awhile


I haven't posted for quite awhile because life has been hectic. Not in a bad way, just very busy. Last weekend Aubrey turned 3....can you believe it? Three already!! She is such a girlie girl (but definitely has the tomboy undertones with 2 older brothers) and she loves her babies. Here's a picture of her with her new stroller and she managed to fit in all the babies it would hold :) She also got a new backpack (she wanted to be just like her brothers) and it's a DORA backpack. She loads that thing up with babies and papers and takes it with her everywhere.
We took all three of the grandkids to "The Nook" yesterday for yummy coney dogs and milk shakes. The kids liked the milk shakes most of all.....not like Grandpa, who loves the coney dogs. We took them to the pet shop and ran a couple of errands before taking them home. Braiden and Camden then came home with us to help Grandpa with some deck work. They didn't last long outside, though, as it was pretty chilly. They came in and we played "Slinky" down the basement stairs. They were all so good and I really enjoyed having them :)
All of us also went to look at a house my son and his fiance were considering. This place needs a lot of work but if they're up to the challenge, it could be a nice place for them. The price is right and the location works well for them....it's an older home though and I do have some concerns. The boys were "boys", exploring and questioning. Aubrey was little miss bashful and she clung to my leg and wouldn't let go of my hand. That is a side of her I haven't seen before.
Well, off to do the laundry and get started on the things I didn't accomplish yesterday....which is ok because I was making memories with my grandchildren :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a good grandma Sue! I love it!

Yea for 'fixer-upers'! I have one! It has been fun to watch it evolve.

Anonymous said...

Big waves from NZ. Loving that little pram! Happy Tuesday!

Hugs
e

Anonymous said...

Aubrey turned 3?!?!!? WOW! Isn't it amazing how the older we get the faster time passes? Happy belated birthday, Aubrey!