Sunday, June 25, 2006

Raspberries - YUM!



Yesterday I picked black raspberries, and the cool thing is that I didn't have to leave home. They grow wild in our backyard. We live on 4 acres and 2 of it is wooded and they grow right along the edge of our yard. We discovered the berries by accident and have made picking raspberries a summer tradition. Greg doesn't really enjoy picking them but he will help me if I beg and plead :) If you can stand the heat from the sun, it's best to pick them before it gets shady, otherwise the mosquitoes will eat you alive. I have a traditional summer dessert that I plan to make this afternoon.....my mouth is watering thinking about it :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yummy! Those raspberries look wonderful! The perfect summer treat! How impressive that Greg picks raspberries AND goes to the scrapbook store with you! Happy Sunday!!

Unknown said...

They look beautiful!
LOVE raspberries, fresh, mmmmmmmm, so good!

Anonymous said...

I, too, love raspberries! And to have them growing right in the back yard? How fortunate!