
Hubby smoked some chicken and ribs today so we invited my daughter and her family over, since there was more that we could ever eat. The chicken was excellent, some of the best he's ever smoked and the ribs were good, as usual. The chicken was my favorite this time. Before we ate, I played baseball (wiffle ball) with my grandsons and grandaughter. The oldest can really bat - he almost hit a window (yikes!). Camden is a determined little tike and that will take him far as he's growing up.
After supper we all went over to the track and walked about 1 1/2 miles. Grandkids and all......the oldest (energizer bunney) can run! He almost lapped us. The younger two were keeping right up then poor Aubrey told me that her body hurt and please, please, please would I carry her. She sounded so pathetic that I couldn't say no. Grandma is such a sucker!
That was a fun evening. Now it's time to wind down and my energy level is actually peaking - go figure! Tomorrow starts a new week. I'll try to have a positive attitude even if it is Monday - blah!

No comments:
Post a Comment