Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Good News!!


We had a scare about 2 weeks ago! Torri took Aubrey and Camden to the eye doctor for a routine check and left the office in total shock! They told Torri that Aubrey had a very rare disease called Peters Anomoly and that she was almost blind in her one eye. This disease was what was causing the blindness and even worse, was usually associated with other things internally that may not be "right"...such as renal disease, learning disorders, skeletal issues, all kinds of horrible things. They took her to a pediatric eye specialist at Riley Hospital this past Monday and got GREAT news!! She has Amblyopia in her one eye, which is a fancy name for "lazy eye". This can be corrected by wearing a patch a couple hours per day and wearing glasses. Her vision will never be perfect in that eye but she WILL be able to see and even better.....she doesn't have Peter's Anomoly!! What an answer to prayer!!!

So, while Aubrey, Torri and Bryan were in Indy, we had the boys. I know that I complain about the snow but I've gotta say that it sure makes young boys happy when grandparents go sledding with them. They had a ball, and I think even Grandpa did too!!

I'll end this post with thankfulness for all the blessing in my life. We've had some tough times as of late but this forces us to put things into perspective as to what is REALLY important!! Have a great "hump" day and take time to appreciate the little things today :)

4 comments:

Becky said...

So glad the news about Aubrey was so much better than you first thought!!!! I'm sure you are all breathing a sigh of relief!!!

Anything new on job prospects yet for Greg? Been thinking and praying for you guys!

Becky

Glenda T. said...

I'm so happy Sue!!! I can't imagine how scary this all must have been!!! yay!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh wow! i had no idea! i am so happy for aubrey's good news!!! i'm sure it was a terrifying time wondering what was happening.

it was great seeing you in archivers!

Shannon said...

So glad that it wasn't such bad news!!! My daughter has a lazy eye and had to wear a patch...they have some cute ones that even fit over glasses. She has an AWESOME opthmalogist and we are very thankful!! Congrats to your hubby as well!!