When we started getting mail from the AARP, I was thinking this was surely a mistake. Well, I guess not! Greg turns 50 a week from today (Jan 19) and apparently he qualifies! OH MY WORD....I had no idea that this day would arrive so quickly, LOL!! But, hey, we might as well reap the benefits if they are available!
Now to catch this poor, neglected blog up a bit. Prior to Christmas I did something that I have always wanted to do. Greg and I ate at Cindy's Diner, and boy, was it good! Not necessary healthy but it sure tasted good. And it was a fun experience. Even though I grew up in Ft Wayne, I had never eaten there so I'm glad we were able to do that. Christmas was spread out over a couple of weeks, as not everyone was able to make it home at the same time. Bryan (Torri's husband) was ill with the stomach flu on Christmas Eve and Cory was ill with that same thing on Christmas Day. Boy, was Cory crabby! I know that he didn't feel well but come on, don't ruin things for everyone else! I must have failed as a parent somewhere along the way or something. He was just NO FUN at all! Torri and Bryan got me a necklace and earring set that was hand-made (very pretty!) and Braiden spent his own money to get me a bracelet that is Colts colors (he knows what granny likes, LOL). Aubrey and Camden made me an ornament to put on the tree. Those kinds of gifts are near and dear to my heart! The following weekend we drove down to Indy to have Christmas with Heather and Courtney. I was really looking foward to this, as we had a fun surprise for Greg. Heather and Court bought us tickets to a Colts game and we managed to keep it a surprise from Greg, so he had no idea going down there that we would be going to the game. So....along with my adorable COACH bag and matching credit card holder, lavender in color, and Greg's authentic Super Bowl jersey they went way overboard and also took us to the game! Greg was very, very surprised and even got a little teary-eyed. That was such a sweet thing to do! I couldn't be more blessed to have a step-daughter like Heather! We have a lot of fun together and have a great relationship. Her husband, Courtney, fits into the family very well and we love him too. I'm thankful that they are so giving and unselfish, and made this Christmas extra special! Although, they really DID spend too much money on us, LOL. I had a great day.....time with family, presents, scrapbook shopping at Scrapbook Corner and COLTS football. It doesn't get any better than that for me, LOL!!
Last weekend Camden spent the night and he and Grandpa made a gingerbread house, or as Camden says, a cookie house. Camden is at such a fun age and he is such a joy to have around! He is the best hugger, EVER! In fact, he almost hugs too hard sometimes, LOL.
Oh, I almost forgot about my fantastic present from my husband. For Christmas and our 20th anniversary, he promised to take "social" dancing lessons with me. We had our first two lessons last week and I am having a BLAST! We learned some swing steps and some cha-cha steps. Greg is hanging in there, trying very hard to get the steps down. He had some severe anxiety issues before the first lesson, which makes me appreciate this even more because I know he is doing this strictly for me! The second lesson wasn't so bad for him and I got to dance with an instructor most of the night. We were swing-stepping and I was learning advanced turns....what FUN!! We did some salsa turns and bootie shakin' as well. I can't wait for our next lesson. One thing I did forget to mention was that I looked down at Greg's feet at our first lesson and saw that he had a hole in his shoe, right in the crease. I was soooo embarrassed. I made sure that I got him a new pair of shoes before the second lesson!! The teacher even commented on how cool his NEW shoes were :)

5 comments:
Love that picture of you at the Colts game. Knowing you had a new lavender Coach purse and had gone scrappy shopping at SC too makes me know you had a weekend in heaven!!! :)
You go with those dancing lessons! Very cool!!! Cute that Greg is trying so hard to get the steps.:)
Gooooooo Colts today!! No calling or emailing you during name - that's a big No-No! hee-hee!!! I'll watch in honor of you.....oh and because there's nothing else to do on a sunday afternoon. HA!
Correction...."during the game" is what I meant. Sorry for the typo - it's those lost brain cells you know. :)
Oh I love Cindy's Diner!! I also like Scrapbook Corner! Sorry about the AARP part! Just think...a couple more years and he gets free coffee at McDonalds! (jk). So sorry about the Colts. We were very sad.
Dang, Sue - that is a whole lot of goodness - Coach, the Colts, Cindy's Diner, Scrapbook Corner! What a fantastic holiday!
Loving all of those Colts pictures...too bad we won't be watching them tomorrow!!! Oh well, there is always next season!
Love that Greg is taking the dance lessons with you....now that is LOVE!!!
Post a Comment